Stowmarket Rookery Community Bowls Group
In the autumn of 2017, we set up Stowmarket Rookery Community Bowls Group.
- Today we visit care homes and now have group visits booked 3-4 times a week, well into 2019.
- Engage with 50 plus people per week in care homes
- Bringing in to use, other unused resources in Stowmarket to help dementia, stroke, visually impaired and all disabled groups.
- Belong to the Dementia Action Alliance
- Working with disabled people to attain the disability kitemark.
- Helped a visually impaired man achieve his goal of competing with sighted people
- Invite and inspire all disabled people to leave their chairs and join us to achieve goals of their own!.
- We are updating and refurbishing our building to a fully accessible community hub equipped with lots of dementia friendly games and films for our visitors at our community sessions
We would be very happy to visit you to explain in more detail what we do. We would also like to welcome you to our club so you can witness the fun and happiness we bring to these groups.
If you would like to know more about what we are doing for Stowmarket residents or would like to join our volunteer team contact: Christopher Brooks: 01359 241046 email: email@example.com
Below are our current videos and a recent BBC Radio Suffolk interview
Our Community Bowls group Video:
Would you like to join our volunteers?